Sunday, June 8, 2008

Miraculous change? or simply depressing status quo?

I started to write "As a lighthearted Summer activity..."

I then read all the way through Sen. Nelson's legislation highlights including the elimination of the electoral college.

Go write you legislator. and mine. all of them. the 2 presidential candidates. Anyone else who will listen. tell them to fix the damn system.

This includes just about everything I think is fucked up with the Great American Democratic "I Might Get My Vote Counted" system. For a group of men who were so totally focused on "No Taxation Without Representation", it's amazing that the electoral college has lasted this long. My vote doesn't actually count. I am therefore without representation. I shouldn't be required to pay taxes. [well, at the moment the IRS is screwing that up too, but that's another story ...] What about that old "one person one vote"? Perhaps that only counts for the oligarchs in the country.

Or, as someone else put it, create a Constitutional crisis, if we get a repeat of 2000.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard on the news last night that the RNC is looking for local volunteers to work at the convention. My first thought was, "why protest outside when you can volunteer and get inside?" I wonder if one has to be Republican to volunteer at their convention?