Monday, June 23, 2008

True Love

Our Son #1 has obviously discovered True Love. This evening, finishing dinner, he announced that he wanted to go outside and play with Josie (the next-door neighbor's youngest daughter). She's also 4. No big deal, happens every evening.

He then announced he wanted dessert. Obviously no surprise. He then stated his intention of going outside to share his dessert with Josie. Wow.

15 minutes later, upon receipt of his cookie, he pitched a fit that it got broken to share with Son #2. But .... he then asked Papa to break his piece in half. Why? So that he could take it outside and share with Josie.

Swappin' spit ain't got nothin' on sharing Pepperidge Farm cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the simplicity of childhood and making friends! When I was 4, during the summer my best friend was the boy next door. My father called him "Peanut" because even though we were the same age, I was a lot taller and he always had a buzzcut so he sort of looked like a peanut. We had our own language and were inseparable. But he went to a different school during the year and his city house wasn't near me at all. So I only saw him during the summer. We continued to be close for years, and even in high school (now in the same school) we continued to have our own language. But we never dated or hung out much together. I would say I loved him, though, and cared about his well being. Now he's married with children, bald, a successful businessman and pilot. I'm sure if we were to meet, it would be exactly the same like we hadn't been separated for many years.

I hope Michael's friend Josie will be as nice and loyal a friend....and not just eat the cookies.