Thursday, February 21, 2008

Go, Team!

I've spent more time in the past 2 week paying attention to my government than ever before. The "Healthy Gophers" team in the Green League are moving up in our points. Not to be confused with the other team with the same name in the same league ...? I've got more points! (186) I took a look at the other team names, after realizing there were two of us. Like, who in the world thought "healthy gophers" was cool, besides me?? Given that this is a 'fantasy legislature', some of the team names were really amusing:

Kill Bills
Know Spin Zone
Whig'n Out
id10t
fear and loathing on the campaign trail
House Call
Phil and the Busters
Legislicious

Whig'n Out is my favorite - witty and requiring a modicum of knowledge about the history of our beloved political system.

No comments: