Monday, April 14, 2008

wow, did I do that?



After hearing some tutor at the library explaining 'verify', and using 'googling' as an easy method to do so, I was curious, and tried googling myself. Only Elizabeth Tobias out there that's me is one page with a record of application for a marriage license.


There are a zillion Elizabeth Smiths, and one of them might be me - I ain't gonna look, though. And, as an outside shot, I tried my other married name. I actually found this. I did the calligraphy (Chris did the illumination) for the SCA group. The original is probably 11 x 14 per page. It took a few seconds of looking at this before realizing that it was my artwork. It's also probably 12 years old.





I had a complete and total brain-fart this evening. I got out of class on time, and managed to catch the earlier bus. Waiting for my 2nd bus, I realized the express bus standing before me was going to the mall. I asked, and was assured it was going to the mall. Hop on, get there super-fast, and as we're pulling into the park & ride lot, my brain turns on. I'm at the wrong mall. There are no buses from there to where my car is, about 5 miles away. I enjoyed the pleasant evening air. It was even more enjoyable when I realized I had finally gotten to a point where my normal bus passes. Cop a squat and wait for the right bus. All I could think of was 'thank god this isn't February'. Of course, had it been, I would have called and asked for a pick-up, rather than just an 'hi, honey, I'm going to be later than planned'.

After being totally destroyed by the great Influenza, our home is generally biohazard-free. At least, we're back to the simple sniffles. I'm finally getting caught up with my school work. Still searching for a summer internship. Think I found an interesting project for my thesis.

ah, well, gotta go send out the resume and review the info for a class presentation tomorrow. oh, no, I'm going to have to dress nice. sigh ....

No comments: