Wednesday, August 19, 2009

tornado

Extreme weather in Minnesota:

coldest temperature I've ever experienced:
-22F
Jan 2009

closest to path of a tornado:
2 blocks west of Portland Ave.
This afternoon


Apparently max. damage between 35th & 51st Street.
Photo is at 41st & Portland.
The tornado went up Portland to around where I was, popped up and hit right at downtown. Someone got interviewed on the radio who saw the funnel cloud in Downtown. Pretty awe-inspiring. I've never tried writing a term paper in the tornado shelter of a library with no electricity. Do you think my prof will give me bonus points?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the weird weather in Minnesota as long as it's not in my neighborhood! (laughing) The tornadoes the other day were a bit too close for comfort. And so very rare to hit even that close to downtown.