Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Do Overs

If you could do it over, would you?

While suggesting an author to interview for an MPR program, I noted: When I was 12, this is what I decided I wanted to do with my life.

... would I want a 'do over' for my life?

If I weren't married, I would have been in the middle of (or perhaps done with) my MPH. Except ... I would have enrolled in the infectious disease program. I had been looking at the other U of M and Johns Hopkins before moving here. Had that panned out, then yes I would have been back on the path I wanted 31 years ago, especially if I'd gone to Johns Hopkins.

It's odd how Life's path lead me back so close to my original goal. So close, and yet so far away.

I want to go back and try to avoid the all-too-many examples of "God, I was Young and Stupid", as well as the all-too-many examples of "God, I'm Not So Young, but I'm Still Stupid". No, I don't need to get a 2nd chance -I just want to have not done it in the first place.

No comments: